Friday, March 28, 2003

Well, Indio doesn't seem to have changed, except for the further mushrooming of tract homes.

Examples: Just heard for the umpteenth time the ad for "Monster Truck Madness" coming to the county fairgrounds in a few days.

The stewardess reminded that "smoking or using smokeless tobacco" was forbidden for the duration of the flight from LAX to Palm Springs.

Most places with muzak feature a strange mixture of Country and R&B-- I'm not sure which is more twangy.

On the plus side, I can finally get large containers of yoghurt (as opposed to only individually wrapped) and businesses stay open beyond 4 and can sell alcohol until closing.

Other than that, it has only taken me about 2 days to remember how boring it is out here. You can only stare at a beautiful sunset for so long. The research I was planning to do has been frustrated by the incompetence of most people-- "you mean you destroyed all your records having to do with your connection with a former president? --Yep."

Eh-- it's been nice waking up at 11, though. But it's still a bit of a switch to get used to being around my parents again. I'll get to them when they're not roaming around the house and reading over (more like above) my shoulder.

Until then......

No comments: