Thursday, July 07, 2005

Whew! I'm finally back in DC after a great time in Florida, enjoying Dana and David's wedding as well as spending some wonderful time with Symi, but the process of getting there and back was exhausting.

Going: My first flights (I had to change planes in Atlanta) hit major snags and ended up sitting on the tarmac for hours on end in the middle seat of the very last row of the plane. I finally got where I needed to go at 3AM when I was supposed to arrive at about 10:30PM.

Returning: After being delayed over 45 minutes on the train to Fort Lauderdale Int'l Airport, my flight was cancelled after three hours of them pushing back the departure time. Since it was the last flight of the night, they were legally responsible for putting people up for the night since the reason for the cancellation was that their crew would have been on the job beyond the federal time limit. Still, they refused to pay for hotel or ground transportation. I had to spring for both and wait for the 5:30p flight the next day-- thankfully I got on to the 1:10p flight as a standby and finally got home at about 4pm.

US Air is going to hear from me.

No comments: