Wednesday, April 23, 2003

Argh!

My computer is on its last legs and am most likely in the market for a new laptop (unless I find a sweetheart deal to fix this one). Do any of you all have recommendations on what I should be looking for and where I should get it?

My primary needs are internet connectivity (a _lot_ of web research and file downloads, some rather large), data storage (though I have an external Zip Drive), graphic processing (cartographic editing, image display), and audio (I like to listen to mp3s and CDs while I work).

While I am more careful than many people, I also need durability since it's going to be doing a lot of traveling. Affordability is important too-- if job opportunities work out, I might have some more to spend, but not now.

If you know of good deals on printers and scanners, I would also be interested. But that is a much lower priority.

You can e-mail me or drop a comment-- while I need to do this relatively soon, I'd be grateful for any and all recommendations.

Thanks.

No comments: