Wednesday, April 02, 2003

Whew!

Finally made it back into DC yesterday, trying to deal with the jet lag and the fact that I've been working for about 36 hours straight. Feeling a bit overwhelmed with the stuff I have to catch up both here (the world hasn't changed from its usual insanity), at work and otherwise. After not having internet access for a while (how does Verizon keep in business without really providing any service?), I've got a bunch of stuff scribbled on the back of pieces of scratch paper, like usual, just waiting to be organized into a cohesive thought or two.

But of immediate importance is a computer emergency: I've started getting a blue error screen saying "kernel_stack_inpage_error" and it prompts a "physical dump of memory." Sometimes when I reboot, I get the message "no bootable devices found" but it will work fine if rebooted again. I know this is pretty bad, but the problem is just above my experience and I need more than anything to know what to do about it. Help would be greatly appreciated.

Well, gotta go--

Will write (a lot) more soon.

No comments: