Sunday, March 12, 2006

Here is a great article I saw in the March edition of The Hill Rag (from the Capitol Hill neighborhood of Washington, DC) written by a great guy who introduced me to my current boss. He's a very good guy-- and very funny!

The article is entitled "The Life of A Capitol Hill Rodent" describing his experiences with the titular animals. Read the whole article here.

Some of his final thoughts are as follows:

If you have a problem with mice, feel free to use these handy tips. I call them the 2006 Secrets of NIMH:
• Hill mice have an IQ higher than most Members of Congress, but less than most Supreme Court Justices – know where your intelligence falls on this scale.
• Hill mice are leaner and do not fit in standard traps. They have a group membership at one of the Hill gyms. Lobby to have their membership revoked.
• Hill mice prefer whole grains over processed ones. They were never after me Lucky Charms.
• Choosy mothers choose Jif, but Hill mice prefer Skippy extra chunky or any honey roasted peanut butter. Soy butter is not really enjoyed by anyone.
• As for a subscription to the Theory of Evolution or Intelligent Design - I do not know where they are published, so I cannot help you.

No comments: