Tuesday, April 29, 2003

Hmmm.....

I'm curious: What does everyone think of when they hear the phrase "public service?" Is it mainly in a certain sphere (government, private sector, academia, etc)? A certain scale (local, state, national, international, etc)? Other things?

Been thinking about this for work and otherwise. Comments/e-mails would be great :-)

Also have an old Garrison Keillor song verse stuck in my head:

Mr. Reagan is a popular man
His ratings are real high
But he's done some things as president
We'll pay for, you and I.

The National Debt is above our heads
The government is immense
We don't feel safe with the millions spent
on national defense.

And I say Stop! Danger! Read the directions!
America I love you!
In the dawn's early light, oh say can you see?
The management assumes no responsibility.

I haven't found a link for the whole thing, but I have a cassette recording of it and will play it for anyone interested.
But isn't it interesting how easily it might be updated to the current administration.

No comments: